Friday, September 5, 2008

Emma


Born September 4th, 2008 - 7 Pounds 8 ounces - 20 1/2 inches in length.

She is sleeping most of the time as can be expected.
So far she is doing really well with nursing, and loves to have her binky, and holds it with her hand.

She is lifting her head up for a few seconds at a time, which took Payton weeks to do - guess she is wanting to look around.

Unlike her cousin Skylar who is a noisy sleeper, Emma doesn't make a noise - which of course keeps us on the lookout for her breathing and makes us that much more paranoid.
Emma will join her big brother at home on Saturday (assuming all continues to go well) then mommy and daddy have the fun job of around the clock parenting! Sleep is over-rated anyway.......isn't it?






16 comments:

KC Witkamp said...

Congrats!!!!!
We are so happy for you both!
Thanks for posting pictures so fast!... I LOVE the whole delivery story....Who knew you have to go through all that! I guess now I know what to expect
love you guys

Chels said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats! Thanks for keeping us posted!

Emily said...

What a gorgeous little girl. She is just beautiful. Congrats M & M. I was so happy to hear the news. Can't wait to meet little Emma!

Kalee and Mike said...

Congrats! She is so cute! Hope everything is going well!

Meg said...

Oh my heavens! I can't believe you had to go through all of that! Yikes! I am so glad she came out quicker then 30 hours though. That Payton seems like he would've wanted to come right out. :) Emma is just beautiful! Congrats, and good job Chubbs!

Art and Evelyn said...

Congratulations! Yay for a cute baby girl and yay for a much shorter labor! Can't wait to see the little cutie!

Blake said...

Congrats! She looks very cute! We will have to meet her soon-like before she is one :)
Blake & Becky

Marcus said...

Megan says hi to all - she is still in the hospital for tonight with baby Emma, Marcus is home with Payton tonight (Boys night). But we love hearing from all you guys and hope all is going well for each of you. We can't even express how grateful we are for all of friends and family. So thank you again for all your sweet comments and congrats!

Marci and Matt said...

Of course Emma is a cutie! I'm glad I got to see pictures... and I can't wait to see her in person. We will have to make a trip up sometime soon... Love you guys and good luck with all the newborn stuff.

Amy said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to hold her. She is an adorable baby!

Druava Family said...

Congrats!! Your little girl is so beautiful, I love her name.

Tamara and Anthony said...

Congratulations to both of you! She is absolutely adorable! Hopefully we can come up there soon to see her (and Payton and everyone)! We love you and miss you!

Jenny Allen said...

What great news! Congratulations! I hadn't done the blog check up for awhile and was wondering how in the heck you were doing. what timing! I love her name - and you look great in those last preggo pictures. I hope Emma will be nice to you and let you get some sleep. Your right, it is totally overrated - but still...

Scott and Rhiannon said...

She is so adorable! Congratulations!

Utah Funeral Directors Cremation Center said...

Congrats Megan, Marcus, & Payton! She is so adorable! I hope you are enjoying those newborn days!

Unknown said...

congrats